It is difficult to imagine that some Hollywood celestials could be our compatriots. Meanwhile, many celebrities had Russian ancestors.
1. Great-grandmother Whoopi Goldberg was born in Odessa. By the way, the actress got the name of Goldberg from her. Whoopi decided that her real name Johnson was too commonplace, so she used her great-grandmother.
2. Helen Mirren at birth was named Elena Lydia Vasilievna Mironova. The actress's grandfather, Pyotr Vasilyevich Mironov, was an engineer and often visited London, since he was associated with the purchase of foreign military equipment.
3. The paternal great-grandfather of singer Lenny Kravitz was born in Kiev.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio never hid that his grandmother was Russian.
5. Gwyneth Paltrow's grandfather lived in Minsk for a long time, and his great-grandfather was from Nizhny Novgorod.
6. Natalie Portman also borrowed the surname from her grandmother. Portman is the maiden name of the actress's grandmother, whose ancestors lived in Russia.
7. Michael Douglas could have had a long surname Danielovchi-Demsky, which his grandfather, who lived in Mogilev, had. The surname was changed by Michael's father, actor Kirk Douglas.
Winona Ryder, Mila Kunis, David Duchovny, Pamela Anderson, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stalone, Dustin Hoffman - these stars also have Russian ancestors. Watch their stories in the video.